AKA who is ready to see my awkward selfie-taking skills in action again?
I did not think I’d be having another amazing European adventure this summer. If anything, a hasty last-ditch attempt to revisit things I hadn’t seen in a few years and to see monuments that were covered up the last time when I was there in 2017 and 2015.
But, I’m incredibly lucky, and I get to have another ‘trip of a lifetime.’ I’m so excited and thankful for this opportunity. I have a lot of work to do to get this trip off the ground, but it should be an amazing one…the best one yet, perhaps!?
This trip will allow me to do all that I wanted to do with revisits and monument viewing, but I will also get to see the major collections of ancient art that I have not yet seen. Below I’ve listed my destination list, and the main attraction for my visit.
- Copenhagen, Denmark: Ny Carlsburg Glypotek
- Berlin, Germany: Museumsinsel (though the Pergamon museum is closed, they’re supposed to have a temporary exhibition of some stuff from it open by 2018. Supposedly)
- Mainz, Germany: Arches!
- Munich, Germany: The Munich Glyptothek
- Verona, Italy: Arch!
- Rome, Italy: (revisit) Much arches! Such arts! Very yes!
- Benevento, Italy: (revisit, but was scaffolded!) Arch!
- Athens, Greece: ALL THE THINGS.
- Susa, Italy: (revisit) The Arch of Augustus
- Nice, France (and technically, La Turbie): The Trophée des Alpes, a monument from the 1st century BCE
- Saintes, France: Arch!
- London, England: British Museum!
- Paris, France: Louvre (many, many times Revisit)
- Besançon, France: (revisit) Arch!
- Reims, France: (revisit, but was scaffolded) Arch!
You must be logged in to post a comment.